what's gotten india?

Friday, October 03, 2008

visitors.

so my parents have been here for a week now, we spent some days getting overwhelmed in the crowded-dirty-heat of delhi before retreating back to mussoorie. this is the main bazaar near where we stayed...






this is one of the first views of mussoorie on the ride up from dehradun. i think one of the most entertaining things here is the driving... avoiding the cows, monkeys and oncoming vegetable trucks.




this is the indian version of "blockbuster". i don't think we've found a non-pirated video yet...


vegetable shopping in the bazaar.


we had a holiday due to gandhi's birthday yesterday so we went out for a walk to some local farms... lots of vegetables and curious kids. this girl was busy cleaning rice...

we also went down to dehradun today to a leprosy mission. christina and mom were on a mission to spend their rupees for a good cause.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger LStew said...

    i have a beautiful blanket that i bought at Little Flower leprosy mission outside of Raxual. those lepers make some great stuff!

     
  • At 7:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet you are loving having your parents there! I loved it when mine came (and spoiled me a little) while I was overseas (even now in this foreign country I live in!!). I wish I could come along shopping with you Chris. Everything there (except maybe those pirated movies) looks so neat and creative! Good thing my birthday is coming up!! haha!

     
  • At 6:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i think Tom & Mitch would fit in quite good. Mitch even looks a bit Indian

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home