what's gotten india?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

back to work

Well.. we’ve been back at work now for a couple weeks. This working thing is pretty tough, ok, maybe that’s not entirely true.. it usually doesn’t feel like a job… lots of laughing, and its pretty neat seeing the students excited and learning.

But other than that, not much exciting has happened. Besides Chris getting pooped on again in the park. Yep, same scenario as a few months ago, just after she commented on the birds they found her curly head… polish people say that if you get pooped on that it means your going to be rich someday, so now that’s been twice.. so we figure we’ll be pretty well off.

Chris was pretty excited this last week because we got to celebrate National Women’s Day. Here in Poland they have all sorts of holidays, Grandpa and Grandma Days and the classic mothers and fathers day, child’s day… but no, there is no Man’s Day. I was trying to explain to my classes that in Canada we don’t celebrate Women’s Day because everyday is women’s day in Canada… So the flowers were out again, helping each man not to forget his better half.
Another thing that they celebrate here in Poland is as well as having a birthday, you also have Name’s Day’s. Each day of the year has a couple names associated with them… and from what we’ve been told as you get older, you quit celebrating your birthday and switch to celebrating your Name’s day. I guess that way you don’t have to remember how old you are. So it was Chis’ Name’s day on Monday, so yes, please send money, cause my wallet is getting pretty thin with all of this spoiling.

We spent the weekend playing with swans in Torun… ok, not true, but I’m not sure if any of you have seen the latest “Avian” news, but they found an infected bird in Torun, which is where we were this weekend for a housewarming party. We tried to go for a walk down where the swans always are, but after we passed a bunch of bright “warning” looking signs all in Polish, we were quickly turned around by some police officers. As you can see our Polish still isn’t the best.

Later

2 Comments:

  • At 12:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey guys,
    Well, I was hoping that maybe you'd be passing through Hamilton sometime this summer but after reading this post, I think you'll have to postpone that until I can get my quarantine room ready for you. I wonder if they'll let you back into Canada! : )
    Just Kidding--I'd risk avian flu to see you again!!
    Love Amy

     
  • At 12:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Kc and Chris.
    It's almost time to go to San Fran! And then on the day that I get back I'm going to the Sarah Harmer concert with Codi! I'm excited! Basketball is over finally. So I can paint more now since art classes start soon. Spring break starts this week so I'm going to Winnipeg to stay with Codi, and Brook is going to give me a tour of Red River.(dad's wishes) Yes! Patty Griffin is very good (it is one of Codi's finds) You should also listen to Neko Case. OK, lot's coming up.. love Josie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home