what's gotten india?

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Greetings from Poland

The weather has started to warm up so we are now able to type without our fingers freezing…okay that was only a joke, our apartment is very warm. But, the weather did take a small toll on us, and KC is just getting over a sore throat. There was a couple days last week that he couldn’t even talk, so I had to teach some of his classes for him. I think that I looked after him pretty well, but I don’t think that he will be drinking tea in the next couple of weeks…I made it for him a little too much!

This week I decided to take on the challenge of making Bigos…I just wanted to see if I could do it…I asked a lot of people the strategy behind it and I got a variety of answers such as, it tastes better if it’s burnt a bit, reheat it a couple times, use fresh cabbage with sauerkraut, freeze it. So, I followed everyone’s suggestions and I think that I made a pretty good pot of Bigos. It took me about 5 days in total to make it!

A highlight of the week was being on a jury to judge English plays put on by Elementary and Junior High schools in the area. They were all very well done, and most of the students had their lines memorized, which is pretty impressive as English is not there native tongue. The plays ranged from snippets Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Pinocchio all with there own humour added in. We meet lots of friendly people and have been invited to visit some more schools to talk to students.

Our schedule has been becoming a little busier and we haven’t found as much time to go and feed the birds in the park. We have been teaching at couple of factories in the mornings and we have even figured out how to use the bus. Okay, hope all is well and think of you often. Thanks for the prayers.

Love Chris and KC

2 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello, sounds like your becomeing pretty important over there. We're still waiting to see Chris's boots.

     
  • At 10:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi you two, great update from Poland. I will now research what Bigos are, it sounds like a labor intensive process to make them! Take care you two we love you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home