what's gotten india?

Friday, March 12, 2010

glimpses of the past weeks

The weather has slowly been warming up making it feel like spring. Fresh strawberries dot the fruit stands, rhodendons are blooming all over the hillside, new green leaves are pushing the old dry brown leaves off and the monkeys are rampet in my garden. Here are some snapshots of the past couple of with Grandpa and Grandma Guenther.


Green goodness



chatting



shiny useful objects



wolly warm tibetan sweaters



bright blue eyes



next door neighours



drying laundry daily



yellow dress from my childhood that my grandma van den ham made



time with grandma



sleeping with grandpa



knitted toque from a dear friend



afternoon stroll
being a star with the girls (her namesake is the girl on the right...)


a view from flag hill



In Mussoorie you can pay to get your baby/toddler pushed around the steep bazaar roads by one of these men. If you pay them enough I am sure that they would babysit for a couple of hours too when you do your shopping... well we did pay him a couple of rupees for this picture but we didn't use his services. I am not sure what made me more nervous the condition of the stroller or having a stranger pushing my baby on 22 degree hills with no seatbeat.
Well, the grandparents will off visiting the Taj Mahal in a week and then a they will be accompanying me and Dechen to the Netherlands for more Grandparent time with the van den Hams.

Life is full and good.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think Charla should hire that babywalker, I think he could fit all 4 of her boys in that deluxe stroller.

     
  • At 2:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    love your pictures, chris and kc! i'm off facebook right now, but i check your blog everyday to see if you've updated it! I love seeing pictures of Dechen! she is sooo beautiful! and you two look so happy...life is good, eh? Glad you are having fun with the grandparents! have a great time in holland chris! love, Emily L.

     
  • At 7:35 PM , Anonymous kristin said...

    oh, these pictures warm my heart. i love seeing uncle tom and auntie mitch as grandparents. dechen is so sweet. we had those exact booties from auntie mitch for micah when he was a baby. they are so precious.

    thanks for sharing your slice of life.

    love, kristin

     
  • At 2:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I do want that babywalker, that stroller looks about as cool as my 10 year old one. I would take his babysitting services too, my boys wouldn't be scared of him at all. I think I need to move to India.
    Charla

     
  • At 6:16 AM , Blogger Special K said...

    What an idyllic lifestyle. :)

     
  • At 2:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Love your website, my son is on a mission in New Delhi with our church and he has encountered a different world. He cant set up a site as he has no computer or time by the sound of things. He teaches the gospel in the slum areas and I believe his eyes have been opened with regards to whats important in life. Thank you for your insight and a real peek at India.
    Mandy Puri

     
  • At 7:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    FEOS!!!
    ESTO NO ES PARA COSAS PERSONALES!!!!!

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Free Career Guide said...

    Welcome To Online Shopping Lucky Winner, ELIGIBILITY FOR PARTICIPATION, If you are an individual legal resident India and are 18 or older at the time of entry, you are eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Our employees, their immediate family members (spouses, domestic partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren), and our affiliates, advisors or advertising/promotion agencies (and their immediate family members) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home