what's gotten india?

Sunday, December 11, 2005

another confession...

so here we are again on a nice lazy sunday evening... it's quite a hike to get to this internet cafe, and trying to keep up with chris kinda tires me out... i guess that's what naps are for. our old internet hangout, which was much closer, kind of dissapeared on us.. i'm not exactly sure what happened, but one day we showed up and all was well, lots of smoke and old men playing vids, and then the next day the whole place was cleaned out.. nothing??? but then we were thinking that maybe there were notices hung up, but the fact we dont know any polish might have contributed to our surprise.

what else... i started coaching some young polish goalies this last week. it was lots of fun, hard, not knowing the language, but fun... and teaching is going good... i was able to teach a lesson this last week on "dining out" english style.. so it was lots of fun, we played a bunch of games and i think we might all try to go out to eat sometime and have all of students only speak english.. they liked this idea, and i tried getting some $$$ from the school for it, but i dont think that'll happen...

oh yeah, i almost forgot about my latest confession.. well, i'm kind of embarrassed to say, but it's true... i have a scarf, and i like wearing it... there, much better

Okay, it's Chris now. My exciting news for the week is that I bought a pair of boots. It took me a while to decide on what kind, brown or black, pointed or squared toe, with fur or feathers....no really you should see some of the footwear here. They are also many shoe stores in Poland...so it took me a while to try them all on. I was about to give up, until I went into the last store and there they were....beautiful and they fit perfect. I have only walked into a couple of things because I have been so busy looking down at my boots....and don't worry my boots are not in the picture below....I am much more pracitcal than that!
We have also put up a Christmas tree in our appartment...we had to put it up early because we are going to Vienna for Christmas and wanted to enjoy it....our appartment is also quite bear so it takes up space. I have already opened my Christmas present from KC, he was just too excited, it is a beautiful wall hanging made in India. If you look closely at our tree, it is decorated with tree ornaments made out of straw....I really like them. We also had to leave the appartment this afternoon because we kept on getting carrollers...well they were boys that were trying to make some cash for candy and firecrackers, so they would knock on the door and sing a song and expect some money. I am not sure if is a tradition in Poland...I think we might have to ask around. So, this week we are heading to Konin, a city that is about an hour away. We get to stay in a hotel...and teach at another Perfekt school. So, it will be fun to explore another place, and I am sure that we will have some good stories and pictures for the next blog....okay thanks for reading.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    chris in boots and kc in a scarf. what will be next. a trendy murse for kc and a leather briefcase for chris?? hiking sounds like a peachy plan for my visit. it's snowing today finally. mom and dad and josie were in the city so i was spoiled to the core as usual. la de dum! artsy fartsy pictures you guys took.
    k, take care,
    codi

     
  • At 7:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i'm supposed to tell you that your tree is really funny -from mom. I don't think she would be able to write out her own comment on her own. we decorated our tree today. it's pretty fancy shmancy. so christmas in vienna, that's so lovely! just like the von trapps. oh...i got my liscence! don't worry, i'll be nice to your truck kc.
    have fun in poland,
    josie

     
  • At 2:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Chris & KC,

    Chris, you'll be happy to know that fashion in poland isn't too far off from here. I see people downtown wearing boots with fur and feathers all the time. Apparently looking like you're going to Siberia is "au courant".

    I like your Christmas tree. Did you get your straw ornaments from IKEA?? I think we have the same ones!!

    Wish I could join you in Vienna for Christmas. I am exceedingly jealous. Are you going to the opera?? Hee hee, I'm sure KC would love that.

    Take care you two and stay out of trouble.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home